Grievance Mechanism

Who can make a complaint?


An ‘Affected Party’ is any community, group, or individual who believes they have been or may be negatively impacted by DCRL’s failure to follow its Environmental and Social Safeguard guidelines in the implementation of project activities. A complaint may be filed by any affected Party. Representatives who file a complaint on behalf of an Affected Party must provide concrete evidence of their authority to do so. Because this project’s Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) is geared toward direct dialogue and engagement among all parties, anonymous complaints will not be accepted, though complainants may request confidentiality. There is a risk that confidentiality will stymie efforts to resolve complaints, and complainants will be notified if confidentiality threatens the process.


The DCRL Grievance Redress Process is overseen by a team in DCRL Office in Babarmahal, Kathmandu.

* Sign is mandatory.